Sahar Fire Bowl Set / 80cm
This product is currently sold out.
Make sure you’re nice and warm while outdoors this winter next to one of our Kadai Fire Pits.
This Kadai set includes: 1 x 80cm Iron Kadai Bowl, 1 x Cooking Grill, 1 x Low Stand
Manufactured from recycled iron these Kadai’s are light-weight and have a consistent thickness and finish. We stock a number of accessories which can be purchased in addition to this set.
The Kadai design originates from Northern India, where they were used as large cooking pots at festivals and weddings, as well as for general day-to-day cooking. The tried and tested design has not changed for centuries with riveted plates formed into a bowl shape and fitted with strong carry handles.
When a Kadai is used as an open fire, we recommend using very dry wood. The dryer the wood, the less smoke the fire will produce. If you are using the Kadai to cook food over, we suggest charcoal, but once the wood has burnt down to embers that works well too. To maximise cooking time, use charcoal briquettes.
LIGHTING A KADAI:
- Place the Kadai on a hard, level, non-combustible surface.
- Cover the bottom of the Kadai evenly with approximately 5cm of builder’s sand; do not use beach sand as this contains salt. Using sand has several benefits e.g. heat will be retained for longer, it raises the level of the charcoal, wood burns better on sand than it does directly on metal.
- Make a pyramid using old newspaper and kindling, then light. When the kindling starts to burn, add larger pieces of wood. Gradually add wood and stop when you have reached the desired fire size.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
- To help maintain the condition of a Kadai you can oil the pieces with some vegetable oil and paper towels.
- Store the Kadai in a cool dry place if it is not going to be used for a long period of time.
Important safety information is included with each Kadai and also available on request.